Neck Pain Treatment
Neck pain can have a negative impact on everyday life. Sleeping, working and engaging in fun activities all become unpleasant when you're experiencing neck pain. Knowing where to turn for help is important. As your neck pain doctor in Fargo ND, we treat a neck pain from a variety of sources. Using all natural chiropractic techniques, we help our patients reduce muscle tension, heal from injuries and avoid injuries in the future.
Different Types of Neck Pain
There are many different types of neck pain, including:
- Nerve pinch injury - Nerve pinch injury can cause pain, tingling, and numbness both in the extremities and in the neck as well.
- Whiplash - Whiplash is a condition that occurs when the head whips around and the muscles and ligaments become torn. Whiplash causes neck pain, stiffness, and headache.
- Muscle strain - Muscle strain caused by repetitive motions can cause neck pain, inflammation, and stiffness.
- Damage to vertebral disc - This type of injury can cause pain throughout the body and tingling and numbness in the extremities.
Common Causes of Neck Pain
There are many reasons that people experience neck pain. Some of the most common causes of neck pain include:
- Poor posture - Standing or sitting in an awkward position for long periods of time can impact the shape of the spinal column and the relationship between the vertebrae and the spinal cord, leading to pain. The recently identified condition known as "text neck" is a form of poor posture that can have an impact on the overall shape of the spine.
- Auto accident - Auto accidents are a common cause of whiplash.
- Poor lifting and twisting techniques - Poor lifting and twisting techniques can lead to back injury and neck injury.
How A Neck Pain Chiropractor Can Help Treat Neck Pain
As your neck pain chiropractor in Fargo ND, we can help you recover from neck pain using a variety of techniques, including:
- Spinal adjustment - With spinal adjustment, we realign the vertebrae and reduce pressure on the discs and spinal cord. A spinal adjustment can help patients heal from injuries, improve range of motion, reduce pain and avoid injury in the future.
- Stretches and exercises - Stretches and exercises can help patients reduce muscle tension and pain. Stretches and exercises can also improve patient strength to improve resistance to injury. For patients who become injured and are unable to resume normal everyday activities, stretches and exercises can help rehabilitate the patient.
- Massage therapy - Massage therapy helps relax muscles and improve circulation to damaged parts of the body.
Contact Your Chiropractor In Fargo ND
As your chiropractor in Fargo ND, we help patients avoid neck pain and heal from neck injuries. We use a range of non-invasive, medication-free techniques to help patients of all ages. In your first visit, we'll evaluate your condition and develop a plan to help you recover. In following visits, we'll improve your spinal health. To make an appointment, contact us at (701) 232-4770.